Running Wakelock detector without Root (No Root)Yes, you can run Wakelock detector without Root. Just, we need to do some workaround. (You do the following workaround only once unless you reboot your phone)
What you need:
* Computer (Mac or Linux prefered) with Chrome browser
* Android Phone and USB cable
- Connect your Android phone to your Computer with USB cable.
- Turn on “USB debugging” on your phone
- Run “Wakelock Unlocker” Chrome Extension on your computer
- Press “Usb” icon to switch from usb to tcp-ip
- Run Wakelock detector [LITE]
To access these settings, open the Developer options in the system Settings. On Android 4.2 and higher, the Developer options screen is hidden by default. To make it visible, go to Settings > About phone and tap Build number seven times.
Note: Make Media Device (MTP) after connecting USB
PC: Install Chrome Extension:
- Search for “Wakelock” in Chrome store.
- “Add to Chrome” to install it.
- After that, click on it and press “Launch App”
If you are using Windows OS, By default, Chrome extension won’t be able to recognize your phone. You will need to install USB drivers.
Minimal Adb fastboot driver
2. “UniversalAdbDriver” (option 2)
Switch USB to TCP/IP Mod:
After Chrome extension recognizes your phone, it will ask RSA confirmation on your phone. Confirm the dialog. Then, you will see the right picture on PC.
Now, Press “USB” icon. It should change to WiFi icon.
We added “Grant BATTERY_STAT” button. (This is better option than USB. If it works, the icon changes to THUMB_UP)
Final Step On Phone:
Download “Wakelock detector Lite” version and run on your phone. Confirm RSA dialog.
* If Chrome Extension did not work, * Try following manual command line options: adb tcpip 5555
* adb shell pm grant com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector.noroot android.permission.BATTERY_STATS
* You must have access to adb on command line.
* Check out “Minimal ADB driver” for Windows. Still having problems with not root method, please contact with officials at firstname.lastname@example.org, OR write on XDA forum to get instant solution.